St. Alphonsus to Celebrate 175th Anniversary as Parish, 125th with School
St. Alphonsus is planning a yearlong celebration to mark two big anniversaries — 175 years as a parish and 125 years with a school.
The History: St. Alphonsus Church was dedicated on July 19, 1840, which means we will celebrate our 175th anniversary in 2015.
- Build the Kingdom of God and spread the Good News of Jesus Christ
- Celebrate history and heritage of St. Alphonsus
- Build community as one body in Christ
- Make general community more aware of St. Alphonsus Parish & School
- Attract new parishioners and school families
- Welcome newcomers & lapsed Catholics
- Use anniversary as springboard to develop activities / ministries that reach across all ages in the parish / school
- Reach out to parishes that St. Alphonsus spawned by inviting them to anniversary events and perhaps through a joint celebration like a choral festival
Please join us for a planning meeting at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, June 10, in the school cafeteria to learn more about the anniversary celebration and to share YOUR ideas.