St. Alphonsus Catholic Church is committed to providing a safe environment for all.
We do that by complying with the Safe Environment Policy developed by the Diocese of Pittsburgh. This is an aggressive effort to make Catholic parishes and schools as safe as possible for our children and young people from the threat of sexual and other kinds of abuse.
Adult employees and volunteers (age 18 and older) who have regular contact with minors (under age 18) must complete a process in which they undergo a background check to receive clearances, register in the diocese’s database and complete the Protecting God’s Children training program.
1. To get started, contact the site administrator:
St. Alphonsus Parish: Louis Bosco, 724-935-1160.
St. Alphonsus School: Principal, 724-935-1152.
The site administrator will guide you through the process and answer your questions.
2. Register with the Diocesan Database
- Log on to the website for the Diocese of Pittsburgh at www.diopitt.org
- Scroll down the left side of the home page and click on the “Safe Environment Database” link. This will take you to the application log-in page.
- At the top of the log-in page, click on the underlined link where it says, “First-time users are asked to click here to register and create a User ID/Password in order to complete the application.”
- You will now be at the “New User Registration” screen. All fields require entry except for the email address, which is optional.
- In the “Primary Parish / School / Agency” field, select the entity where you do the majority of your work or ministry. St. Alphonsus is listed under:
i. Wexford: St. Alphonsus Parish & Catechetical Program and
ii. Wexford: St. Alphonsus School.
- In the “access code” field, enter the password that is provided to you by the site administrator, Louis Bosco or the school principal.
- The rest of the registration page is self-explanatory.
- E. Be sure to write down your User ID and Password in a secure place for future reference.
- Click the “Submit Registration” button. You should receive a message that you have been successfully registered in the system.
- Then, click on the underlined link where it says, “Please click here to log in and continue your application.”
- At the Log-in Page enter your User ID and Password, and click “Log-in”. This will take you to the “Application Screen” for you to fill out your application.
- If you have any difficulties, please contact the parish site administrator, Louis Bosco at 724-935-1160, or the school site administrator at 724-935-1152.
3. Code of Pastoral Conduct
As part of the application process for the diocesan database, you must read the online version of the Code of Pastoral Conduct. Then print and sign the last page. Send the signed page to the site administrator to acknowledge that you reviewed the booklet. (The site administrator also has a paper version of this short booklet if needed.)
4. Child Protection Services Law
You also must read the Child Protection Services Law informational booklet as part of the application process for the diocesan database. Please print and sign the last page to acknowledge that you reviewed the booklet. Then send the signed page to the site administrator. (A paper version of the booklet is available from the site administrator if needed.)
5. Pennsylvania Criminal Clearance
This will be done automatically once you’ve completed the online database application in Step 2.
6. Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
This form may be obtained from your site administrator or online by clicking on the link below and scrolling down to:
- CY113 form — English Child Abuse Clearance or
- CY113 form — Spanish Child Abuse Clearance
Please return the completed form to the site administrator. DO NOT FILE IT. The site administrator will do this on your behalf and the $10 fee will be paid by the parish or school.
After processing, the clearance will be sent to you in a plain envelope with your name on it. Please take the ORIGINAL form to the site administrator. He/she will copy it and return the original to you.
EXCEPTION: The clearance will be sent directly to St. Alphonsus if you sign a form provided by the parish/school that is titled “Consent/Release of Information Authorization Form for the Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance.”
7. Protecting God’s Children Workshop
This workshop promotes awareness of how to protect our youth from sexual predators. Workshops are available throughout the Pittsburgh Diocese at numerous locations and times.
You may also contact the Office for the Protection of Children and Young People at 412-456-5633.
For more information: